Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lots to start with!

So where to start.. I am now in my 34th week of pregnancy and it is definitly getting uncomfortable. I guess I shouldn't complain TOO much since I have had it easy up til now. She is running out of room now for sure (which I thought was weeks ago) and is sticking her elbows and knees and whatever else out to where I have to rub it away. It's always fun to have her stuck in my ribs and pushing on my lungs so I can't breath too. All part of the wonderful thing called pregnancy! But anyways, I went to the doctor today and she said all the measurements look good and I am right where I should be at. She has started to drop and is in the right position, which is good, so I don't have to worry about a C-Section or anything like that right now. I am hoping for an early deliver.. this heat is just killing me! Devin isn't so sure about that idea tho. But that's something we really have no control over.
We start our birthing classes tonight at the hospital and I'm pretty excited about it. I know Devin is going to get freaked out after he learns some of the stuff but it'll be funny. He needs to know it!
Also, we're getting our maternity pictures taken next Tuesday with our photographer Dusty. Megan and Heather are going to do a shoot as well and then they will be the ones to do our newborn session since Dusty is also expecting and will be on maternity leave before then. I just can't wait to meet this little girl!

On a different note, last Saturday was Devin's birthday and we went to dinner with my family to celebrate and then went to Dave & Busters with some friends. That place isn't so fun when you're as big as a house and can't move. But the bartender did give me a free virgin strawberry daquiri. Yum! But it seemed like everyone had a good time, especially the birthday boy!Now that my birthday is in 2 weeks, I need to figure out what to do for it. It's obviously not gonna be the normal 21st birthday that everyone else celebrates so I need to do something else for it. Any ideas?

3 comments:

  1. Hailey's going to be here before we know it!!! Uncle Mark and Auntie Megan and so so excited to meet her!!! Good luck with your classes tonight!

    Heather and I are so thrilled to be taking your pictures! You're going to be BEAUTIFUL!!!

    For your birthday: The other day I found a list of recipes for all these non alcoholic cocktails. So whatever we do we'll make some of those!

    Good job blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! You have a blog. :]
    I can honestly, say I am scared of the day when the baby starts prodding around in my ribs. It does NOT seem comfortable. But she will be here soon and all this being uncomfortable will be worth it. :] How many times have you heard that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I should have read your profile on here before I took your quiz on facebook! Lol. Darn it.

    ReplyDelete